Our Young-Adult Ministry program, called Captivate, is a ministry for High School and College-age students who long to be a part of a community that seeks to live the lives Christ has called them to live. The purpose of Captivate is to prepare students for effective ministry in their daily lives as they grow in understanding and faith of all that God is becoming in their individual and community walks. Helping the youth of our church to lead the cause of Christ, and apply Christianity to every area of life is what our Captivate program is all about reaching out to our youth with the love of God.
- Captivate is fun, faith, and friends gathering together to share life!
- Captivate is more than programs and events, it a community.
- Captivate is the church reaching out to our High School and College-age students with the love of God as revealed to us in Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Captivate is a means for both High School and College-age students to grow as individuals while exploring ideas, values, and faith within the context of a supportive community of peers and adults.
- Captivate is a church-wide ministry that strives to provide a variety of opportunities and experiences to draw teens and young adults into active, responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the faith community and the greater church.
- Captivate is designed to help spiritually train and equip participants in a fun and Godly atmosphere to the Glory of God.
- Captivate is a chance to participate in Church life, develop their own faith and spirituality, and discover new friendships.
By providing a focused and loving umbrella where the youth of our church can share and explore the glory of God as it is reflected in their lives, we help enable them to reach their full God created potential. That is, everything our faith community is involved in that promotes both healthy development, trust, and growth in Christ’s love. Captivate works to foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person and seeks to draw young people into responsible participation in the life, mission and the work of the church both here at Orange Villa Bible Church and the greater church of which we all are a part. Youth ministry is defined as the response of the Church to the needs of young people, fostering their faith in Jesus Christ and their communion with the Blessed Trinity, and drawing them into responsible participation in the life, mission and ministry of the Church.
Young Adults Retreat
Once a year, usually in early summer, the young adult ministry journey together for a two-day retreat at Ironwood Christian Camp in Newberry Springs, CA. The retreat give an opportunity for the them to spend time worshiping, sharing in fellowship, hearing some great messages from guest speakers and just having some good old-fashioned fun. Camp activities include swimming, archery, shooting, hiking, climbing and even some human foozzball. And of course, some amazing food (who doesn’t like an all you can eat tri-tip dinner?).
Date: See Calendar
Schedule: See Calendar
For upcoming events in the Young Adult Ministry, please check out our Events Calendar.
For any questions or concerns, please call (714) 637-3250 or email email@example.com