At Orange Villa Bible Church (OVBC) we feel it is important to have a church home – a place to worship God, a place to grow in your faith, and a place to turn to in times of trouble. For those that find their home at OVBC we invite you to join us in formal membership.
We believe in formal membership in which each party publicly enters into a covenant for the mutual benefit of the Body of Christ and to the Glory of God. We believe becoming a member of a local church is an important step for anyone who has made a profession of faith in Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- By becoming a member you are making a public statement to the world of your identity in Christ and in the promises of God.
“So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven,” – Matthew 10:32
- By becoming a member you are making a statement affirming your commitment to serve your fellow church brethren.
“So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.” – Galatians 6:10
- By becoming a member you are opening your heart and your life to allow others to come along side you in fellowship, encouragement and support.
“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you…” – John 15:12
- By becoming a member you are facilitating God’s Great Commission as it has been entrusted to, and is being exemplified by the Church’s leadership.
“Remember your leaders, those who spoke to you the word of God. Consider the outcome of their way of life, and imitate their faith.” – Hebrews 13:7
- By becoming a member you are showing unbelievers the confident hope that you now have in Christ.
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.” – Matthew 5:14