“What we have seen and heard we proclaim to you also, so that you too may have fellowship with us; and indeed our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ.” – 1 John 1:3
If you are reading this page, you’ve probably got some questions and we are hoping to give you some answers. There are many reasons someone may be attending a church for the first time:
- You are new to the faith and are looking for a local church body.
- You may be new to the area or have left another church for some reason and are looking for a new church home.
- You might be someone who is in a place of life where you are seeking special ministries to meet a spiritual need for yourself or your family.
- You may be looking for a place where you feel you can truly grow and be of effective service to the body of Christ.
- You might just be passing through town and want a solid church where you can spend some time with like-minded believers.
- Lastly, you may be one who has not yet found the peace of God, or are downright angry with him and you want some answers.
Whatever the reason we understand it can be hard to find and visit a church for the first time. Questions like, “What’s going to happen when I come in the front door?” “How will I know where to go and what to do when I get there?” “What will I do with my children?” “What should I wear?” “What will the service be like?” might be rolling around in your mind. Or your questions might be more along the lines of deeper spiritual concerns, “Is this a Bible-centered church?” “Is there going to be a lot of jumping around and people being ‘weirdly-filled’ with the Holy Spirit?” “People don’t know me and my struggles, how will I be accepted?” “Will I be expected to participate in any practices like communion or tithing the first time.”
All kinds of unknown factors can make church seem very intimidating. DON”T LET IT BE.
That you are looking is a wonderful sign of God’s Spirit moving in your life. At OVBC we want to help you find the answers to your questions even if it is just to help point you down the street. Of course, we hope you find that here, at OVBC, you will find that we are that reflection of Christ’s body here on earth and that you will choose to share life with us.